International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through
health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Reflective of IMC strategic planning priorities, the incumbent is responsible for securing, applying, upgrading and maintaining the services of best available technically qualified human resources (HR) in line with International Medical Corps standards. Task sets include updating and maintaining most applicable recruiting and international HR policy; orienting and educating recruiting and HR personnel in the application of same; liaison with IMC personnel at HQ and the field to best understand, cooperate and facilitate correct and timely application. These responsibilities will occur in close collaboration with the senior management personnel at the HQ and field level.
•Supervise International HR Manager, Travel Manager, International Recruiting Manager and personnel serving under each, while maintaining close association with the HR Generalist;
•Organize and execute a review of all standing IMC international HR policy and protocol vis-à-vis industry standards to determine most appropriate current and future applicability; make relevant recommendations for timely adaptation, cancellation and reinforcement;
•Organize and execute the preparation of all validated international HR policy and protocol (inclusive of forms, templates and other usual devices and tools) into IMC staff member user-friendly format for use in group and self-instruction and application; maintain same;
•Monitor the application of IMC recruitment policy, identify and correct shortcomings; regularly report on effectiveness and recommend relevant adjustments to increase timely employment of best available personnel;
•Recommend, identify and execute new avenues for recruiting qualified personnel;
•Identify and recruit key Sr. personnel;
•Review, propose and update competitive compensation packages for international staff;
•Review, recommend and execute necessary steps and policies to increase staff retention;
•Oversee and monitor IMC new international staff orientation policy and procedures to ensure even and complete application; coordinate the development, upgrading and even application of IMC existing staff reorientation (based on the new staff orientation and other institutional priorities and needs); regularly report on effectiveness and recommend relevant adjustments;
•Facilitate the regular dissemination of news to IMC personnel on international HR-relevant policy, procedures, best practices and strategic planning; engender higher quality understanding, appreciation and adherence to HR policy by all personnel;
•Organize and execute a review of IMC international HR investigations policy and protocol vis-à-vis industry standards to determine most appropriate current and future applicability; make relevant recommendations for timely adaptation, cancellation and reinforcement;
•Actively participate in inter-unit and department strategic and practical forums relevant to international HR; actively participate in relevant short and long term IMC strategic planning processes;
•Strengthen supervised staff employment of IMC information technology software and systems to ensure quality coordination, reporting and liaison (particularly with systems already in use or planned for HR/Recruiting);
•Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
2. Supervisory Responsibility
• Guide all international HR and recruiting personnel toward best work standards and schedules; ensure effective implementation in the Department; facilitate appropriate development and training for Department employees; ensure timely review of employee work quality and initiate transparent steps to correct inadequate performance; approve employees’ work schedules and time reports;
• Assist in the selection and assignment of best qualified Department personnel; plan for transition and succession; handle employee relations matters in association with Department of Human Resources standards and in accordance with International Medical Corps Human Resources policies, guidelines and procedures;
• Evaluate the knowledge and skill level of the staff to perform assigned duties on a regular basis; document and work to correct anomalies. Evaluate the designated staff on their anniversary date in line with standard Performance Appraisal policy;
• Measure Department employee accuracy, thoroughness, and neatness of work to prescribed standards. Ensure that the staff is adhering to the policies and procedures set forth in official guidelines.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with regular and satisfactory results. The incumbent forms an essential part of the senior management hierarchy therefore must be accordingly proactive and reliable. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and/or Experience
•Bachelors Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, International Relations, Human Resources
•Minimum of three (3) years humanitarian work experience with an International or Non-Governmental Organization (NGO)
•Minimum of five (5) years progressive management experience (more an advantage);
•Minimum of three (3) years direct supervisory experience with at least ten (10) years human resources experience
2. Communication Skills
• Ability to successfully analyze, interpret and summarize health-relevant technical procedures and governmental regulations;
• Ability to guide effective teamwork towards stated goals and objectives in a timely manner;
• Ability to write and edit reports.
3. Other Skills and Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of Logical Framework project planning and design;
• Understanding of current general health and development concepts and norms in developing countries;
• Excellent self-motivation and team-motivation skills;
• Experience in effectively communicating with personnel from diverse nationalities as well as with personnel in headquarters and field location circumstances;
• Ability to work in flexible and ambiguous conditions; to exercise sound timely judgment and take relevant responsible action as required;
• Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks and administrative details in a fast paced and evolving work environment;
• PC literate; excellent word processing skills; proficient in basic Microsoft programs (knowledge and experience with financial software an advantage).
• Fluency in written and oral English required; Working knowledge of French, Arabic and / or Spanish an advantage;
To officially begin the application process, please visit our website at http://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org and go to our “Careers” page. Find your desired position, click on the position title and complete the application at the bottom of the job description.
Contact: International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps
1313 L Street, NW
Washington, DC., DC, United States 20005
Phone: +1(202)828-5155 Fax: +1(202)828-5156 Email: International Medical Corps Website: http://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
Malaysia Blue Ocean Strategy Institute is looking to hire a Multifunctional Special Officer. This position requires relocation to Malaysia and minimum commitment of 3-5 years. Click here for more information.