International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess vehicle before and after repair to ensure that repairs are done efficiently at the right cost.
- Assist in the development of the supply and transport within the country program ensuring the best goods are procured and delivered on time at the project site.
- Work with procurement staff to procure project supplies and services, and to arrange transport to field sites (currently six sites throughout South sudan).
- Close monitoring of procurement staff tasks and ensure they utilize time efficiently.
-Participate in physicial monthly inventory and ensure that field offices know what is ready for shipment.
- Serve as a liaison between field sites and the national office-receiving and documenting requests and coordinating with the Logistics Department to respond to requests/needs in a timely fashion.
- Review weekly logistics reports with Logistics Coordinator to identify and plan priority actions.
- Degree in a relevant field is desired.
- Minimum 1 year experience in supply chain management; international business or related field.
- Strong organizational skills.
-Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel
- Good oral and written English skills.
- Good computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
• Must be able to travel.
• Must be able to work in austere environments and lift, minimum, 45 pounds.
To officially begin the application process, please visit our website at http://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org and go to our “Careers” page. Find your desired position, click on the position title and complete the application at the bottom of the job description.
Contact: International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps
1313 L Street, NW
Washington, DC., DC, United States 20005
Phone: +1(202)828-5155 Fax: +1(202)828-5156 Email: International Medical Corps Website: http://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
Malaysia Blue Ocean Strategy Institute is looking to hire a Multifunctional Special Officer. This position requires relocation to Malaysia and minimum commitment of 3-5 years. Click here for more information.