International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through
health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The goal of this project is to strengthen the physical rehabilitation services in various areas of Libya, through upgrading of primary rehabilitation and the development of community and outreach services. There are many war wounded persons in Libya and this number may well increase in the following months. It is also expected that there will be a large number of mine injuries as well as possibly unexploded ordinance injuries. Rehabilitation facilities have been neglected for many years and the training/expertise level in modern techniques is low. The main aim of this post is to train Libyan medical staff and disabled/injured people to prevent long term disabilities and enable people to go home after surgery as soon as possible with a rehabilitation plan
The Disability Technical Advisor will support technicians in Libyan rehab and health facilities in the production of rehabilitative materials for individuals with lower-limb injuries and/or disabilities.
The employee’s primary responsibilities include the following:
• Support the orthopedic technicians in Libyan rehab and health facilities in their bracing and casting activities for patients with lower limb disabilities, with the goal of facilitating the technicians’ progress toward autonomous operation in the production of quality orthotics and prosthetics,
• Assist in formalizing management protocols at partner facilities
• Ensure the theoretical education and technical development of technicians
• Contribute to the general management and operations of partner facilities in collaboration with the Project Coordinator.
The candidate must have:
- an Advanced Specialist Degree as a certified prosthetist/orthotist, with a minimum of Category I certification by the International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics (IPSO)
- a wide range of experience, possibly through other relevant training courses, in orthotic and prosthetic sciences, the production of orthopedic materials, and the planning and implementation of rehabilitative training and capacity building programs
- previous NGO experience preferred
• Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical in the English language.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts, senior government and rebel leaders and other related regional players
• Ability to speak Arabic a plus
• Accommodation, food and transportation provided by the organization
• Medical Evacuation service and competitive benefits provided by the organization
• Further information regarding security and situation on the field available during the interview process
• While performing duties of the job, the employee frequently works in precarious and remote places. The employee is usually employed in areas of civil strife, which often result in an unstable security environment. Regularly work in outdoor extreme weather conditions
To officially begin the application process, please visit our website at http://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org and go to our “Careers” page. Find your desired position, click on the position title and complete the application at the bottom of the job description.
Contact: International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps
1313 L Street, NW
Washington, DC., DC, United States 20005
Phone: +1(202)828-5155 Fax: +1(202)828-5156 Email: International Medical Corps Website: http://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
Malaysia Blue Ocean Strategy Institute is looking to hire a Multifunctional Special Officer. This position requires relocation to Malaysia and minimum commitment of 3-5 years. Click here for more information.