***NOTE*** - THIS POSITION IS TO APPLY TO A STAND BY ROSTER FOR INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL CORPS EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM (ERT).
Candidates selected for this position will be placed on the ERT standby roster and may be called when the International Medical Corps ERT responds to an emergency. This position is not compensated unless candidates are responding to an emergency response.
When catastrophe hits, International Medical Corps is often one of the first humanitarian aid organizations on the scene—providing rapid and effective aid that saves lives, reduces suffering, and promotes self reliance.
International Medical Corps has established an International Emergency Roster to ensure that emergency positions are filled in a timely manner with professionally qualified, gender balanced, geographically diverse, linguistically able and a highly motivated corps of professionals. The team includes coordinators, logisticians, doctors and water and sanitation experts. It also includes specialists who focus on protection, prevention of sexual violence and aid for rape survivors and mental health.
Emergency Response Team (ERT) members are always on standby to deploy to a crisis within 72 hours, whether they are launching into new areas or lending support to International Medical Corps teams already on the ground.
International Medical Corps maintains a roster of staff which is updated on regular basis in order to include new staff into the system. This also provides an opportunity for the existing staff to update their areas of expertise and other relevant information.
Through this expression of Interest, applicants are encouraged to submit their profiles so that their information is readily available in the International Medical Corps applicant tracking system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
• Provide direct patient care in diagnostic and treatment in emergency primary healthcare in case of absence of local health care providers
• Identify the educational needs of community health workers and supervise on daily basis.
• Monitor and supervise health care delivery by local counterparts and community health workers.
• Ensure that patients have up to date patient cards and are accurately registered and recorded for reporting and case management.
• Ensure aggressive drug management (stockage, dispersment, warehousing, reconciliation).
• Oversee clinic staff and ward management.
• Teach basic sanitation and public health; theory of disease causation; treatment and prevention; disease diagnosis and drug treatment of common diseases; community nutrition; techniques for the identification of the malnourished child, treatment and growth monitoring, MCH and ANC.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum clinical nursing degree; preferably with a Master’s in Public Health.
• Experience in overseas programs relating to primary health care, communicable diseases; experience in maternal and child health, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS is useful.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience required, of which 1 year should be of developing country experience or resource deprived environment.
• Previous NGO experience.
• Will have excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
• Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
• Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
• Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources.
• Must be able to speak English fluently.
To officially begin the application process, please visit our website at http://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org and go to our “Careers” page. Find your desired position, click on the position title and complete the application at the bottom of the job description.
Contact: International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps
1313 L Street, NW
Washington, DC., DC, United States 20005
Phone: +1(202)828-5155 Fax: +1(202)828-5156 Email: International Medical Corps Website: http://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
Malaysia Blue Ocean Strategy Institute is looking to hire a Multifunctional Special Officer. This position requires relocation to Malaysia and minimum commitment of 3-5 years. Click here for more information.